- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful fresh italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil.
- Place dry bulgur in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the vegetable stock over the bulgur and stir.
- Cover bowl with plastic. Let stand 10-15 minutes, then fluff and spread out on a plate or sheet pan to cool quickly.
- Add the cooled bulgur, parsley, onion, peppers, carrots, lemon juice, and olive oil to a mixing bowl. Mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.