Everyone has been talking about a great new and delicious addition that Wawa has been selling: a KALE and QUINOA salad! (In case you didn’t know, Wawa is a line of convenience stores along the East Coast.) There has been a lot of talk about it, considering that it is now one of the few healthy choices for a quick meal at Wawa. But there is one problem: vegans cannot enjoy it!
No worries, however, because it is simple to recreate this amazing dish at home. Plus, with this recreation, people that live in areas without Wawas can enjoy this salad! Prepare for your taste buds to be in heaven with this delicious combination that is made in two simple parts.
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 green apple, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- Dried cranberries
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Cook the quinoa by simmering one cup of rinsed quinoa with two cups of water for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine quinoa, yellow peppers, and green apple.
- Chop kale to desired bite sized pieces.
- Top the quinoa mixture with the kale along with the dried cranberries and dressing.
- Eat up and enjoy!