May is National Salad Month and there is no better way to celebrate than introducing a new recipe. The idea of a salad doing nothing for our appetites is over because the Savory Pistachio Chewy Bite Salad is refreshing and satisfying.
About the Pistachio Chewy Bites
The Pistachio Chewy Bites contains pistachios and cranberries that provide healthy snack lovers a quick on-the-go bite-size bar and amazing benefits. With seven grams of protein, three grams of fiber and healthy fat, you can get all the energy needed to get you through the day. They are heart-healthy, 100% natural, gluten and dairy free, low in sodium, GMO free and vegan. They also have no cholesterol, zero trans-fat and are a good source of dietary fiber.
Spork Foods vegan chefs, Jenny Engel and Heather Bell have created a variety of recipes using Pistachio Chewy Bites that you can watch on their YouTube channel.
The Pistachio Chewy Bites are available in different sizes and in all major grocery stores. A two-pack is $1.99, six-pack is $5.99 and a 16-pack is $12.50.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 package Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites (6 pieces)
- 1 persian cucumber, cut into rounds
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 cups packed baby lettuce or mixed lettuce greens
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Remove all Pistachio Chewy Bites from wrappers. Chop each bar into 6 pieces. Set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl with enough room to toss salad greens with dressing. Peel carrot into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Add cucumber and carrot to salad greens and set aside.
- For dressing, whisk olive oil, brown rice syrup, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper until uniform.
- To assemble salad, toss greens together with dressing. Top with chopped Pistachio Chewy Bites.