These vegan banana mini-muffins are seriously the best muffins I’ve had in a long time! They’re moist, tender, and better yet, mini!
This recipe is put together in two parts:
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp milled flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5 min.)
- 1/2 cup sugar, either white or coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Your bananas should be ripe with brown spots. Yellow bananas have too much starch, and they need time for their sugars to develop.
Combine these ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour, white or wheat
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Optional: mix in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (Enjoy Life makes wonderful vegan chocolate chips)
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Avoid overmixing, as it will toughen the muffins.
Lightly grease your muffin pan with coconut oil and fill each cup 3/4 way high. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly, and pop ’em in your mouth!